Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Every Time I Die - New Junk Aesthetic


New Junk Aesthetic is good. Every Time I Die has perfected their brand of hardcore, they own their sound. I don't hear too many bands with a sound similar to Every Time I Die and with New Junk Aesthetic they continue to make great music. My only issue is that because their so good at what they do and it's not that different or more mind blowing then previous releases that it's hard for me to put this near the top of my list of releases this year. Good record, great record in fact, it just doesn't impress on me more then other records I've heard this year.

From start to finish New Junk Aesthetic is a solid record. Roman Holiday is a slow jam. The Marvelous Slut, Who Invented the Russian Soldier, For the Record, Buffalo 666 are all standard ETID songs. Wanderlust (the albums first single) seems tailor made for radio play. The album is good. Classic ETID.

No comments: