Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Top 10 Favorite Christmas Songs

Christmas season is here and in full swing. I for one absolutely love Christmas music! Every year I can't wait to bust out the collection and start singing my favorite holiday tunes. Here are my top 10 favorite CHristmas songs.

10. Silent Night

There’s something so beautiful about Silent Night. One of the classic Christmas songs that if done right, is so soothing.



9. Holly Jolly Christmas

When Burl Ives sings Holly Jolly Christmas on Rudolph it’s awesome and cheerful. When Bon Voyage covered the song on the first Happy Christmas compilation, I feel in love all over again.



8. I Celebrate the Day

A newer song. Relient K wrote this song and the first time I heard it, it was like a punch in the gut. And when I still listen to this song I tear up. Just talking about the song, I get emotional. Just a beautiful Christmas reflection.



7. O Holy Night

A other classic song that slays. Seven Day Jesus has probably the best version of the song but I haven’t heard a bad version of O Holy Night. Just a killer song.



6. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Speaking of songs without a bad version. The first time I heard this song I was sold. Catchy as all get out.



5. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

There’s something simple about Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas. It’s just a classic song.



4. Christmas Time is Here

Of course a song from Charlie Brown was making the list. Christmas Time is Here is beautiful, the instrumental version and the vocal version. Plus, Rosie Thomas did a cover that will make you cry.



3. Last Christmas

While it’s probably considered a cheesy song and yes, George Michael’s version has some mild lame factor to it, Jimmy Eat World, Leigh Nash, Hawk Nelson, and countless others have made this a great song.



2. Christmas Day

MxPx has delivered amazing original Christmas song, after amazing Christmas song. Last year they released them all on one album. Christmas Day is the first track I ever heard and I was of course hooked instantly. I love MxPX and their Christmas songs are amazing. Christmas Day freaking rules.



1. All I Want For Christmas Is You

The first time I heard this song it was love. I know it’s Mariah Carey but Christmas music allows you to enjoy and love different things. House of Heroes covered this song last year and their version is just as good, if not better then Mariah Carey’s. Great freaking song!

3 comments:

Mark Armstrong said...

Your #1 is a guilty pleasure for me. When that back up comes in with "And Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..." How do you not love it?

Patton said...

If it weren't a christmas song it would be a guilty pleasure song for me too. But I have no shame with Christmas songs.

Unknown said...

Your list sent me off for hours collecting artists I had never heard of. What a music blog is all about. Christmas kudos!