Monday, August 8, 2011

Debtor - Bloodseeds

Where I am constantly complaining about the current state of metalcore and my dissatisfaction with the Christian heavy music scene, there is a beacon of hope. Blood and Ink Records. Is it because I'm older? Probably. But Blood and Ink just seems to be putting out better hardcore records then anyone else right now.

Debtor's new record, Bloodseeds, is a perfect example of hardcore being done right. It's a combo of Zao's Splinter Shards and Strongarm. A perfect throwback to the old school Spirit Filled Hardcore scene. The songs are short and to the point, no filler. The first three tracks, Job’s Lament, Already Dead, and Through Death, play as one track. The record moves quickly, each track blistering into the next, slowing down for only a moment before taking off again. Which is also my only complaint. At 29 minute minutes the record is over way sooner then I want it to be.

I don’t really have the words to describe what makes this album so enjoyable so you’re stuck with this half assed review. Old school hardcore fans shouldn’t miss Bloodseeds.


No comments: