Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lights - Siberia

I've had a recent obsession with pop music. Yeah, like radio pop. What can I say, it makes me want to dance and I like dancing. Anyway...

Trolling the internet I came across a post with a list of this weeks new albums and included on the list was a new album from Lights called Siberia. It was labeled as Christian dance/electronic. As someone who's always look for quality electronic music I picked up the record.

Siberia is a great pop album! Lights isn't going to reminding anyone of Katy Perry or Britney Spears. But Siberia is catchy, upbeat, and it's fun. The songs are well crafted. The title track kicks the record off and is a little... quirky. The hook gets in your brain but the rhythm in the delivery of the lyrics is just off beat enough that the harshest of pop music haters will find something to enjoy here. Where the Fence is Low has a great driving synth bass line. The album's first single, Toes, is pop music perfection. Super catchy and would fit on any pop station in America and be the best track on the radio!

14 songs at nearly an hour long, Siberia is another surprise find this year. The album features guest appearances from Holy F-K and Shad. Another great pop record. I highly recommend checking this album out.

No comments: