Monday, April 11, 2011

Classic Album: The Blamed - Isolated Incident

The Blamed are one of those bands that don't get the credit I think they deserve. I don't know why that is. The Blamed did play a brand of post hardcore that was never really popular in the Christian scene and always floated between the punk and hardcore scenes. It really took the Blamed a while, in my opinion, to really hit their stride and find their sound. The band's early records treaded on the hardcore side and while Germany saw the bands sound change, I don't think it was until Isolated Incident that the Blamed really hit their stride.

Maybe it's because I'm DC and post hardcore/post punk was the scene was the thing here but I always though the Blamed were a great band and when Isolated Incident came out in 2001 I was sold.

The opening riff on At the Moment that kicks off the album really sets the tone for the record. Short of a Miracle and At Least We Have Each Other are two killer songs that show a more melodic side to the Blamed. Isolated Incident is pure punk energy and was a positive next step for the Blamed.

If you've never picked up Isolated Incident or even listened to the Blamed, you should pick this album up. Fans of Fugazi, and DC punk in general, will enjoy this album. The Blamed ranks as one of the ten most underrated bands in the Christian underground and I don't know why. Isolated Incident is a fantastic post punk record and is definitely worth your time.

No comments: