Monday, July 16, 2012

Your Memorial - Redirect

Album of the Year!

Maybe it's too soon to make that claim but Redirect is a top contender for sure.

I loved Your Memorial's Facedown debut, Atonement. It was a perfect melodic hardcore album. Redirect continues in the same vain.

Transfiguration is a great ambient piece that feature a radio broadcast from C.S. Lewis. It's a beautiful opening. Redirect is a strong, driving track but it's the lyrics that really connect with me.

"Your thoughts are not like mine
Your ways extend
outside the lines of space and time
redirect my steps towards your light

I will give thanks
through my walk
and through my faith
My life is Yours, you set the pace
You are worthy of all my praise"

There's a deeper connection lyrically on Redirect that is the real difference between it and Atonement. While Atonement was a great album lyrically, there's a deeper passion coming through on Redirect that you can really feel. 

Musically, Redirect is a little more defined, a little smoother sounding. The ambient pieces compliment the heavy pieces really nicely, creating a cinema feel to the music. It's a bigger, better version of Atonement. 

Your Memorial have delivered an Album of the Year contender with Redirect. It's worth your time and attention. 

No comments: