Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Top 10 Favorite Metal/Hardcore Vocalist

I’m giving a shout out to my favorite metal/hardcore vocalist this week. Let’s go.

10. Scott Kelly – Neurosis

Scott Kelly is doom/stoner metal.



9. Karl Schubach – Misery Signals

Karl has a killer deep scream.



8. Bruce Fitzhugh – Living Sacrifice

Living Sacrifice changed for the better when Bruce took over vocal responsibilities.



7. Greg Puciato – Dillinger Escape Plan

Greg is a cross between a hurricane, a tornado, and Mike Patton. Crazy dude.



6. Ryan Clark – Training for Utopia/Demon Hunter

I was a huge TFU fan and I always the chaotic nature of the music and Ryan Clark’s screams. It took me years to really get into and appreciate what he’s done with Demon Hunter but I’ve gotten there. Not only is he a great screamer but the dude can sing.



5. Ronnie James Dio – Dio/Black Sabbath

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. The Legend.



4. Chino Moreno – Deftones

Chino has some crazy screams and one of the best singing voices in all of metal.



3. Howard Jones – Killswitch Engage/Blood Has Been Shed

While I like Blood Has Been Shed, Howard’s work in KSE has been so much better. Howard is probably underrated as a metal singer.



2. Cory Brandon – Norma Jean

Cory Brandon is by far my favorite metal vocalist at the moment. His work in Norma Jean has been incredible and it’s only gotten better with every record.



1. Daniel Weyandt – Zao

Dan is my all time favorite metal vocalist as Zao is my favorite metal/hardcore band. I have yet to hear anyone come close to Dan’s vocals.

2 comments:

Todd said...

Jason on BTA is pretty awesome. I'm also a huge fan of the Lamb of God vox.

Good call on Ryan Clark and Bruce, Dan from Zao is pretty solid as well.

Vincent said...

I like your listing, but think that Ryan Clark should be higher up the pecking order. Undying and Infected should explain my reasoning... :)