Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Top 10 Favorite Reunions

It's been a big couple of years for band reuniting. In honor of Overcome's reunion album here are my top 10 favorite.

10. The OC Supertones

The Supertones were the band from my youth that really started my complete obsession with music. They announced a handful of shows in 2010 and I was super excited to go and relive the Supertones one last time. While prior commitments kept me from seeing the band, I was still jacked up for the shows.

9. Overcome

Overcome was a band that I was excited for the reunion although a little disappointed that Jason Stinson wouldn't be the bands vocalist. Although having heard the new album, this is a great reunion.

8. Focused

Focused was another of the original SFHC bands that I was excited about. Too bad they've only played on the west coast..

7. Unashamed

Unashamed was my favorite of the old school Tooth and Nail hardcore bands and I was excited to hear the announcement of their reunion. Their twitter and facebook pages have been silent lately.

6. Godspeed You! Black Emperor

I just bought my tickets to see GY!BE in DC and I'm excited. I saw them at 930 Club on their final tour and I'm super excited to see them on their reunion tour.

5. Bleach

Bleach is band that I have found memories of. Just great alternative rock and any new music or shows from them is awesome.

4. The Juliana Theory

The Juliana Theory were a band that I never actually got to see live while they were around the first go around, so when they announced a handful of shows in honor of the 10th year anniversary of Emotion is Dead I knew I had to see them. Philly wasn't too far and it was totally worth it.

3. Sunny Day Real Estate

I was actually fortunate enough to see SDRE live before they broke up but getting to see them at 930 Club with the original line up playing songs from their first two albums... Awesome!

2. Further Seems Forever

I went a little super girly emo when I heard that Further Seems Forever was reuniting with Chris Carrabba on vocals. The Moon is Down is one of my favorite albums.

1. My Bloody Valentine

My Bloody Valentine announced 2 shows in New York and when tickets went on sale, I bought one. Drove up to New York the night of the show and drove back when the show was done. Seeing My Bloody Valentine was awesome and a dream come true. I wish they would play more US shows.

2 comments:

Louise said...

good taste in music, i love to see that my bloody valentine is listed as your number one. Do you like any other shoegaze bands such as slowdive or lush? Also, if you love my bloody valentine you'll probably like this new band called The Sunshine Factory, ive been to a few of their shows and listened to their albums and i can definitely hear insperations from mbv's loveless album. Here's one of their songs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKNlcOSWjaI

Louise said...

good taste in music, i love to see that my bloody valentine is listed as your number one. Do you like any other shoegaze bands such as slowdive or lush? Also, if you love my bloody valentine you'll probably like this new band called The Sunshine Factory, ive been to a few of their shows and listened to their albums and i can definitely hear insperations from mbv's loveless album. Here's one of their songs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKNlcOSWjaI