Monday, November 28, 2011

In the Midst of Lions - Shadows

In the Midst of Lions surprised me with The Heart of Man. And by surprised I mean I was surprised that I liked the album. Deathcore hasn't always found favor in my book but The Heart of Man just worked for me.

The band's new album, Shadows, is heavier, better, but doesn't connect the same with me. Musically I think Shadows is on point, but it doesn't have the same heart as The Heart of Man (no pun intended).

False Idols and the Call are the two best tracks on Shadows and they are the two tracks that kick off the album. The problem with Shadows is there isn't a lot of diversity between the songs and I feel like I'm listening to the same song over and over again.

Is Shadows a good record, yes. In the Midst of Lions delivered a heavy hitting album. But the songs just don't work for me the same way The Heart of Man did. Fans of the band will probably love this album.

1 comment:

Bloggingblacklines said...

I'm sooooo tired of deathcore I cant even bring myself to check this out.