Monday, November 21, 2011

Run Kid Run - Patterns

Run Kid Run has always been a band that's been hard for me to embrace. I was a big Side Walk Slam fan and Run Kid Run was always a reminder of what would never be again. Run Kid Run has always been a good band... Just not Side Walk Slam.

So I tried to put aside my bias when listening to Run Kid Run's new album Patterns. Patterns follows in the same line that Love At the Core did. It's a great pop rock album. Farewell to Old Self is a great quiet song to kick off the record, really showcasing how good a vocalist David Curtis is before busting into the uptempo Last Hurrah. Last Hurrah is the closest Run Kid Run has come to matching the fun and energy Side Walk Slam had. Back to the Basics, the album's first single, is my favorite song the band has written to date. Great hook that's easy to sing and super catchy.Daylight (the album's second single) and Sunburns also have super catchy hooks while Rely On Her is rocking anthem. My King ends the album on a wonderful worshipful note.

Overall Patterns is a killer record full of catch hooks and solid songs. The best album Run Kid Run has released yet.

No comments: