Thursday, September 27, 2012

Nonparell - Heaven Come Down

Worship as a genre of music is more often than not, a stale, dry, repetitive sound. And I understand that worship music isn't always about being creative or trying to break a mold... But why shouldn't it be? I don't think it would piss God off if his people used their God given, God inspired creativity to do something new as an original expression of worship to the Almighty.

Sorry... Got a little soapboxy there....

Nonparell is the newest band on Come and Live Records and their debut, Heaven Come Down, is the best worship record I've heard this year. There's a rawness to the record that I absolutely love. The lyrics drip with honesty and there's a realness that I feel is missing from a lot of modern worship records. Not that other records aren't honest, but Heaven Come Down feels different.

If you're looking for something different and a new compelling worship record, I highly recommend Nonparell's Heaven Come Down.

You can download Heaven Come Down for free at : http://www.comeandlive.com/CLD/Nonparell/

No comments: