Friday, June 24, 2011

Free Music Friday: Josh Garrels - Love & War & The Sea Between

I first saw note of this album when my ex-girlfriend's step dad posted a link to it on Facebook. I didn't think anything of it. The album came up on Indie Vision and Radio U but it wasn't until yesterday when the review for this album went up on Indie Vision and it got a perfect 10 out of 10. So naturally, I had to check it out.

The album is absolutely beautiful. I dare say a better version of Jose Gonzalez... From simple vocal and guitar to complex and interesting instrumentation, Love & War & The Sea Between is just amazing. 18 songs, all good. Some of the 18 are short instrumental interludes but each one is a beautiful track, not a cheap device going from song to song.

I'm surprised at how good this record is but I love it. Not really my normal style of choice but the songs are so well done and so heartfelt that one can't help but like the album.

You can download Love & War & The Sea Between from Bandcamp http://joshgarrels.bandcamp.com/album/love-war-the-sea-in-between or from Noisetrade https://www.noisetrade.com/joshgarrels

No comments: