Monday, May 14, 2012

Quick Hits: Least of These - More Than Conquerors/We Are Creation We Are Creation

I can't say enough good things about Come and Live Records. The labels puts out high quality music and it's free! While not their entire focus, Come and Live has been providing great new worship music. The label is anything but stale and their two newest releases are no exceptions.

Least of These's new ep is a great example of honest worship. After an instrumental version of Amazing Grace, Grace kicks in with a solid riff but it's the chorus that pulls you in.

"Grace has washed my transgressions away."

The songs declares and the record is about how despite our short-comings, God has overcome for us. More Than Conquerors is a great title because the record reflects that. The album's closing track (and first single ) Filthy Man is a great example.

"What a lost man was I, stuck in my own ways 
What a lost man was I stuck in my 
What a lost man was I who was stuck in my own ways 
But I understand the cross, and what its done."

The record hits hard musically but there's an honest passion that bleeds through the music and in the lyrics. 

We Are Creation is a little more "modern" in their sound and stylings but there's an almost haunting undertone at times. What I like about We Are Creation, that like their label mates Ascend the Hill, the band just flows in their worship. There are great moments where the songs just exist. Come and Awake isn't super complicated lyrically or music but it slowly builds and the movement of the track is so beautiful and moving... It doesn't need anything fancy because it just exists as a great worship tune. 

Both albums are fantastic and you're bound to enjoy one if not both. More great, original worship music from Come and Live Records. 

Both albums are available for free at http://comeandlive.com/downloads/  

No comments: