Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fireflight - Now

I've never heard a Fireflight I didn't like. Every single I've heard, every video I've ever seen, the songs have always been quality. But it's never been enough for me to pick up one of their records. Not a personal hang up, just have never felt compelled, no matter how much I liked their music, to grab an album.

So why Now? I don't really have an answer. I'm a sucker for female fronted hard rock and Fireflight does it well. Now plays short. The record clocks in at 36 minutes long and I find myself wanting more when the record ends. As always, the albums lead single Stay Close is super catchy and an all around fun track. The vocal play between Dawn Michelle and Justin Cox on tracks like Ignite and Escape is perfect. Fireflight balances hard rock tracks and ballads probably better than any of their counterparts. At times Now reminds me of a slightly heavier version of Plumb. The balance of full on rock songs and ballads is perfect. The album doesn't get stale of boring.

Fireflight might not be breaking new ground with Now but they do what they do well. If you're looking for solid rock, Now is an album to check out.

No comments: