Friday, April 27, 2012

7 Horns 7 Eyes - Throes of Absolution

I had no knowledge of 7 Horns 7 Eyes before downloading Throes of Absolution. The promises of a brutal metal record were really enough for me to check it out.

Throes of Absolution is fantastic. 7 Horns 7 Eyes sounds like a great European death metal band so finding out their from Seattle was a little bit of a shock. The songs are heavy, have great solos, and like all quality European death metal records, there's a really nice layer of synth ambience. It's just a fantastic metal record.

But it's not mind blowing. I've spun this record a dozen times and I like it a lot. But there's nothing super special that makes me sit up and take notice or that begs me to hit the repeat button. It's just great metal. No more, no less.

No comments: