Friday, April 20, 2012

Ascend The Hill - O Ransomed Son

Take the World But Give Me Jesus, Ascend the Hill's Hymns record was the album that sold me on Come and Live Records. It's a modern take on a bunch of great Hymns and it's one of my favorite worship records ever released. I was excited for the band's follow up.

One of my favorite moments from Take the World is the track None Compare, a spontaneous worship track that plays off of Hallelujah! What A Savior. It's a moving piece where the band just flows and plays. It's what worship is all about. O Ransomed Son is full of tracks that extend and have the band just playing in the moment. Tracks like Inheritance, Whom Have I, You Have My Heart, Song of the Redeemed, and Heaven Come Down, all clock in at over 7 minutes and all just take time at the end to flow.

 It's a great record. Ascend the Hill is passionate worship music that is palpable. You can't help but be drawn in to the music and hear their genuine heart. You can download O Ransomed Son for fee at http://comeandlive.com/downloads/

No comments: